Are you a writer? An author? An aspiring author?
In this podcast interview with Chandler Bolt (Founder and CEO of Self-Publishing School) and Gary Williams (Founder, Coach & Consultant of Better Future International) you’ll see how to apply your Myers-Briggs Personality Type to writing, publishing, and marketing books.
No matter your personality type, you can be a thoughtful writer, author, and even marketer of your book. (Yes, even the introverts of the world can be incredible markers, we’ll dig into that in this talk!)
- [02:29] Gary explains the purpose and application of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.
- [04:02] There are eight different preferences that result in 16 different personality types.
- [04:45] Breaking down the preferences of extroversion and introversion.
- [07:40] Breaking down the preferences of sensing and intuition.
- [09:42] The ladder of abstraction and how it applies to personality types.
- [12:15] Breaking down the preferences of thinking and feeling.
- [15:15] Breaking down the preferences of judging and perceiving.
- [22:10] Discover your Myers-Briggs Personality Type here.
- [23:05] How different personality types play out in the book writing process.
- [26:50] How personality preferences play out in the book writing process.
- [31:52] Set a concrete deadline for your book and have an accountability partner.
- [35:50] Gary gives tips on marketing your self-published book, including limiting beliefs of introverts.
- [40:22] Common personality traits and habits of successful authors.
- [44:41] The ability to have open reflection and dialogue is a powerful tool for successful authors.
As a Clarity & Purpose Coach, Gary is on a mission to unleash changemakers through their personality & purpose so that together, we can move others to a better future. As a certified Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Practitioner, CliftonStrengths Coach, and Purpose Coach, he loves supporting individuals and teams to get to a deeper level of understanding and clarity.
In his bestselling book, Choose Your Best Life, Gary supports you in gaining balance between your inner and outer world to help you find inner strength as you navigate change, transitions, and major life decisions.